Job Description: Cook, Part Time (Saturdays & Sundays 6am – 7pm)
Report to: Dietary Manager
Supervises: Dietary Aides
- Any substitutions made in menus must be recorded before served to indicate actual food served.
- Menus must be posted in kitchen in acceptable manner.
- Maintain an up to date preference list of foods on each resident.
- Prepare and serve three meals a day at regulars with at least 10 hours between breakfast and dinner meals. Breakfast is served at 7:30 am, Lunch is served at 12:00 pm and Dinner is served at 5:30 pm.
- Assure when serving foods they are at the appropriate temperature. Hot foods above 140 degrees Fahrenheit and cold foods below 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Assure the package of nutritious bag lunch for all residents who will be out of the facility at lunch. Be aware of foods that may become contaminated as these residents may not have the ability of a refrigerator.
- Clean kitchen, dining area and food storage areas daily including the dishes assuring sanitation standards and protection from possible food contamination.
- Assure each resident’s table and tray service has the appropriate place setting.
- Report any accident/incident in the kitchen or dining area to the SIC.
- Prepare for serving by aide three appropriate snacks daily.
- Take care of maintain all equipment for the kitchen.
- Refer to the NCDA Diet Manual as needed.
- Help maintain the self respect, personal dignity and physical safety of each resident.
- Be familiar with confidentially of resident and their charts.
- Be familiar with and able to apply all the facilities accident, fire safety and emergency procedures.
- Be familiar with the Domiciliary Home Bill of Rights and assist residents with exercising these rights.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Administrator.